Nigerian singer Davido has been trending for weeks on social media. It all began when he bought a Porsche car for his girlfriend Chioma and even released a song he sang for her on her birthday.
He trended again after he announced that he signed a cooking show deal for his chef girlfriend and again after he also signed a deal with a popular mobile phone company.
Davido made the news again on Wednesday, May 9, after he shared photos of some documents, announcing that he just bought an expensive private jet that would arrive in two weeks time.
We had reported that the jet is a Bombardier Challenger 605 that currently sells for $27m which is approximately over nine billion in naira and it was also gathered that the used 605s are currently selling for about $15m.
Nigerians couldn’t contain their excitement over Davido’s new achievement, there have been several reactions about the jet and many would like to find out more facts about the jet newly bought by one of the biggest musicians in the country.
1) It is an intercontinental business jet. It was mainly designed to provide corporate and government leaders with the widest cabin that enhances personal productivity and performance.
2) Challenger 605 was manufactured in 2006 as an upgrade to the previous model, the Challenger 604.
3) The jet can accommodate 10 passengers in a standard configuration which is perfect for Davido’s large entourage.
4) The total annual cost of maintaining a Bombardier Challenger 605 is about N1.3billion ($3,481,595) including market depreciation of ($1,240,920) or $5,342,974 including book depreciation of $3,102,300. Both figures include fixed costs per year of $724,861.
5) According to the manufaturers of Bombardier Challenger 605, the jet an achieve a high speed of 870 km/h (470 ktas) or 785 km/h (424 ktas) for long range cruise, and has a maximum range of 4,000 nautical miles (7,408 km). With a cabin length of 25 feet, 7 inches (7.80 m).
6) The General Aviation Manufacturers Association revealed that about 30 to 40 Bombardier Challenger 605 and 604 have been sold each year for the past 15 years.
7) According to AutoJosh, the Bombardier Challenger 605 business jet is produced by Bombardier Aerospace.
8) The super mid-sized private jet claims to match the operating costs of small aircraft.