For those living in Lagos, Here is How to get justice, compensation from government over SARS abuse


Residents of Lagos state who have been abused by the defunct Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) can now write petition against the police unit.

Also, Lagosions can now claim compensation from the government if their complaints warrant it.

To achieve this, Lagos state governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu has set up Judicial Panel to investigate brutality and rights violation by the officers.

According to the governor, the panel is head by Justice Doris Okuwobi.

He said Okuwobi has been mandated to invetigate all of the issues that happened at the Toll Plaza.

Going further, he revealed that the panel will start sitting on Monday, October 26, at the Lagos Court of Arbitration International Centre in Lekki.

“They will be receiving petitions from Monday. If you need to send the petition via email, their address is [email protected]

“We will expect everyone that has a case or petition or something to pass unto this panel. They have been empowered extensively to determine how they run and conduct themselves at the panel.”

Going further, the governor said the panel will sit for six months.

In a related development, Sanwo-Olu announced the easing of the curfew imposed on Lagos state over repeated attacks on facilities by suspected thugs wreaking havoc under the guise of EndSARS protest.

The governor made the announcement on Friday evening, October 23, during a press conference in the state.