On Saturday, February 23, 2018, Nigerians will either continue with the current federal government or unseat it and entrench a new government to pilot the affairs of the nation. Realising the importance of Saturday’s electoral process, President Muhammadu Buhari on Friday, February 22, addressed the nation as the people await the D-Day.
We brings to you 8 quotes by President Buhari during the nationwide broadcast ahead of the presidential election.
Below are 8 quotes of President Buhari:
1. Tomorrow, the polls open. Tomorrow, we affirm that Nigeria stands as a democracy and that no worldly hand can deter us from this wise and fitting path we have chosen for ourselves.
2. Many were worried and thought the worst might happen. You proved them wrong by showing that you are a great people with an abiding love for peace, democracy and the unity of our country.
3. I believe INEC realises the profound and weighty duty that rests upon it.
4. We must cast aside doubt and have faith that INEC will rise to the occasion. We must believe and encourage INEC to fulfill and honour this responsibility it owes to our country.
5. As your President, I hereby ask all Nigerians with voting cards to participate in defining the future of our nation by exercising your democratic rights tomorrow. I urge you to go out and vote.
6. Do not be afraid of rumours of violence and unrest. Our security agencies have worked diligently to ensure that adequate security measures are in place.
7. You will be able to vote in an atmosphere of openness and peace, devoid of fear from threat or intimidation.
8. Honour your civic duty as voters by going to the polls tomorrow to vote for the government of your choice, for the government that will lead Nigeria toward its finest destiny.