Following the announcement the record breaking deal by Shangai SIPG to sign former Chelsea coach Andres Villas Boas as the new coach, we take a look at the highest paid tacticians in world football.
Managers important people at any football club and they are the ones who come under fire when team don’t live up to the expectations.
Despite that, clubs pay top dollar for the best in the business. Premier League clubs pay the most for coaches and its no surpise given the abundance of wealth in the English Premier League.
Take a look at the highest paid managers in world football;
1. Pep Guardiola – Manchester City – £15m (3 year deal)
2. Jose Mourinho – Manchester United – £13.8m (3 year deal with option to extend to fourth year)
3. Andre Villas Boas – Shanghai SIPG – £11M-A-YEAR
Andre Villas-Boas has taken charge of Shanghai SIPG after the sacking of Sven-Goran Eriksson
4. Carlo Ancelotti – Bayern Munich – £9m (signed a 3 year deal to remain at Bayern till 2019)
Ancelotti is Bayern Munich coach
5. Arsene Wenger – Arsenal – £8.30m (signed a 3 year deal in May 2014)
6. Zinedine Zidane – Real Madrid – £8m (2 and half year deal)
7. Jurgen Klopp – Liverpool – £7m (3 year deal)
Jurgen Klopp led Liverpool to the English League Cup and Europa League final last season
8. Antonio Conte – Chelsea – £6.5m (3 year deal from 2016-17 season)
Antonio Conte was brought in to steady the ship at Chelsea which he is doing right
9. Luis Enrique – FC Barcelona – £7m
10. Ronald Keoman – Everton – £6m