In 1989, it was publicized that Bianca Odumegwu-Ojukwu was dating the late former Biafran Head of State and Ikemba of Nnewi Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, a political associate of her father. Ojukwu who was alleged to be over thirty years her age later married her. By early 1990s, Bianca Onoh, became Bianca Odumegwu-Ojukwu.
Not done, Shade married business mogul Okoya Thomas when she was 18 years in 2002. Later, there were reports that ex- beauty queen; Susan Hart is ‘reportedly’ married to Chief Sunny Kuku.
72-year-old Nigerian billionaire, Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu, a politician, statesman and Chairman of the Champion Newspaper, created controversy after getting married to a girl almost 50 years his junior and tied the proverbial nuptial knot with 26-year-old Frances Chinonyerem Enwerem in a traditional ceremony that took place in Owerri, Imo State, Capital. The wedding comes two years after Iwuanyanwu, lost his wife Eudora Iwuanyanwu, to cancer. Frances is reported to be the daughter of one of Iwuanyanwu’s late wife’s close friends.
Trailing behind Iwuanyanwu in this new marriage culture is Emeka Offor, businessman and a contractor from Anambra State. Ofor reported to be in his sixties secretly took another wife. He performed the traditional rite for the marriage of a 24-year old girl as the fourth wife. The ceremony took place at the residence of the father of the bride, Alexander Okey Ufondu, at Umuezeopi in Oraifite, Ekwusigo Local Government Area of Anambra State. The bride named Adaora lives with his husband in the highbrow district of Maitama in Nigeria’s Federal Capital Territory of Abuja.The wedding generated ripples in the religious communities of Oraifite, the hometown of both Mr Offor and his new father in law, Mr Ufondu, an Onitsha-based trader.
These are the reasons why young women marry older men who are old enough to be their Fathers age mates. Lailasblog.com spoke with Nigerians of diverse persuasion and their responses are detailed below
- Onyanwe Aku Uche attributes it to poverty. According to the student of Abia State University, it’s money and status only. Uche is of the view that such marriages lead to adultery and promiscuousness because, he believes that the old men cannot be able to sexually performed their bed responsibilities. According to him, no marriage survives without sex even though they enjoy such marriages, the girls are accused of pretending in such marriages. Nigerians attacked such marriages with fierce criticism and sees such union as immoral. “This is strictly for the money,Does she want to call it love? Why will the children support such a marriage? Marriage counsels said such marriages doesn’t last because the death of the man nullifies such marriages and the young girl would now go and marry the young ones they love with the late old man’s money.
- Oluokun Stephen stated that all the essence is for money, status and security. When there is money, women will marry anything inside trouser, It is obvious that such girls will be getting sex elsewhere.” This was never the case in the past.
- Anna Unachukwu: We unfortunately want to create a kind of civilization that has no basis for rationality, And who told you that old men cannot have sex? Is she complaining that her man cannot satisfy her sexually? You forget that men’s urge for sex still lives with them even when they are eighty but it is not the same for women when she reaches menopause. Have you ever slept with an old man and found him incompetent? Many ladies who married people not old enough to be their fathers still go in the closet to use dildos and vibrators. Is your understanding of marriage only based on sex.Where is companionship”?
- Sociologist, Chinedu Ukwu blamed the economy for such marriage. He was of the view that if the nation’s economy should improve where the girls could get job and take care of their rent, car loan, dressing, feeding and other sundry things of life that most of the older men would be rejected and insulted when they approach most of these girls for marriage.
- Pope Toni Obinna added: Checks revealed that such girls are gold diggers who proceed to having affairs/ lovers with old men.
- Clare Okpala insists that it serves the old men right. She said that such girls are on revenge mission to what some boys have done to their older female lovers. She said that the young ladies perch on the oldies for their money and would dump them when they have gotten what they want. “Serves the older perverts right, for marrying women young enough to be their daughters/ granddaughters”, she said.
- Nkechi Mpamugo explained that the girls made their choice and should be allowed to enjoy their life.
- Mrs Amaka Onyekwere disclosed that older men in marriage are security. She said very huge chunk of them protect their young wives. She revealed that older men are great in bed better than younger men. There are reports that older men are more sensual and more sexually aware.
- An anonymous commentator also said that why Young women marry older men were because younger men are not ready to settle down and that those who are ready were very few.
- A female student told us that she prefers older men because they are the best people to marry. According to her, they are more mature and know how to love.
- An Igbo lady confessed that she married a man 20years older than her and that the man is strong on bed. “I’m married to a man 20yrs older and yes! My man can jump o! I met him and he didn’t look his age. He’s a very intelligent man and very rich too. His wealth is a plus for me because I can’t train any man”, she added. “I don’t want a man that will use my sweat to chase small girls”.
The anonymous Igbo lady continued. “My middle name is Orie-aku not Odoziaku. I love my husband. He is very handsome. When my kids were toddlers, he would bath, change diapers, babysit and he plays soccer with our son every evening and he takes a long walk with our son. I’m blessed”.
- To Funmi Ajanaku, young men don’t have respect for girls, she said it takes time for young men to build themselves and for ladies to continue waiting on them, they would get old and the men won’t marry them at last. She accused the young ones of always wanting sex and the girls’ money.
“A friend of mine is 25 and her husband is 55,
30yrs difference, she has everything she would ever need”.
- Another annonymous lady spoke of her personal experience and said such union is fantastic if one gets his choice. “I am 27 and my husband is 50. He was a widower who had lost his wife and kids in a ghastly motor accident. Sex is still fantastic. I really don’t know how he does it. He satisfies me because he is so energetic and passionate always wanting to please me first”, she added. “He must make me come multiple times before he comes. We have sex many times in the week, because he can’t resist me”. According to her, the fact was that not all such marriages succeed. She disclosed that not all such marriages are contracted on money. She said some are really induced by true love. “I am from a rich home, so money was not the motive. Before I met my husband, I have been used by my two previous boyfriends. And I had given up on love. But then my knight in shiny armour arrived. I feel in love with him the first day I met him, but I was forming. And he kept on chasing me. Finally I accepted and it’s been the best of three years of my life”. She added. “Even the young ones I had before my husband could not satisfy me, it was all about him. I try as much to not think of the future and we live for now. We may not have that much time together but whatever time God gives me to spend with my soul mate I will make it worthwhile”.
- Susan Orji stated. “As for me, my hubby is 18yrs my senior and I love it that way. Small boys come with so much stress. Right from my teenage years, I knew I was not meant for small boys. I am 30, married at age 24, my hubby treats me like egg, he loves me and over looks my excesses. If I had married my mate or someone who is 2-5yrs older, I guess maybe I would be back to my parents’ house by now”. “Older men pamper their women, the women glow with pride. When you step out with your older hubby, all eyes will be on you, women age fast and with an older hubby you can’t be bothered”, she added. “Infact the man will look younger for you. Days of starting from the scratch are fast fading, God forbid, the man makes it to the top, you will be treated as a second class citizen especially if you are the type that over loves your hubby, it u die today, the man will quickly re-marry tomorrow. It’s still small girls that will help you ‘chop’ your man’s money”.
- Another lady who declined his name also stated. I’m married to old man of 21year different. I’m blessed with three kids. All I can tell say is that I’m blessed.sex is great better than my former younger boyfriend.
Reasons advanced by some female commentators are that there are lots of advantages of marrying an older man. They disclosed that older men are successful, mature, more stable in life, more responsible and sexually experienced as well. According to the ladies, the older men are less likely to stray and will have more time for their younger women. Continuing, the ladies opined that the older men are less likely to abuse their younger wives who are of the same age with their daughters.
- Elsie Obatoke added “I am proud of my older husband. I am 29, he is 48. I have never been happier. In my life no man wakes me up with flowers, but my older hubby does that consistently for the past three years. If I had known I wouldn’t have wasted time when he asked me to marry him 6yrs ago. I was busy falling for foolish love for a younger guy, fine boy, no money, aiming at sucking me dry. God I thank you that I married my husband. he loves my kids so much, plays with them, helps me change diapers, sometimes i don’t even do anything in the house, he helps me clean, cook and take care of the kids when I am tired. We are talking of a multi millionaire here. Even with his status, he has time for his family, he listens to me, teaches me things, very patient with my excesses, best of all, he prays for me and the kids every day”, .
- Another lady who claimed to be a student said money is not enough for her to marry her ‘Papa’ as she puts it. According to her, its scarcity of husband that causes such husband. “My advice for single ladies; if you pass 30yrs please, take any one you see, the idea is to born children. The rates of infertility problems are alarming”, she disclosed further.
“I think for women so inclined; it’s because older (responsible men) have seen it all, made their mistakes and learnt from them and they know how to care for a woman. As for famous older men, women are very attracted to power. That said it has its down sides, when the men cannot meet up in some department due to illness or natural ageing process”.
Now guys, there you have it.
WOULD YOU WANNA MARRY A RICH OLD MAN WHO LOVES AND PAMPERS YOU SILLY OR A YOUNG HUSTLER?
The ball is on your court
Source: Lailas Blog