For all practical purposes, even though the results are still being collated, I am deeply convinced that General Buhari will win this election by a very comfortable margin.
It is also my believe that President Jonathan will graciously concede defeat in a very mature and rancour free manner. He will not contest the results in court even though his acolytes and party men will stridently want him to. I believe, GEJ does not want to leave office looking like a sore loser.
Having said all these, it is safe to say that the 2015 Presidential Elections has been won and lost.
The elections are over!!!
What then will be the likely composition of General Buhari’s cabinet? From keen observations of Buhari’s campaign organisation, Buhari’s utterances during the campaigns, and the actions and activities of various key actors in Gen Buhari’s camp, I believe the following will either be in his cabinet or play key roles in his government.
It is obvious from Buhari’s utterances during the campaigns that he will run a government whose policy direction and key economic decisions will be dictated by ” a team”. He kept harping on this.
The possible names are:
• Dr Kayode Fayemi (former governor of Ekiti State)
• Senator Olorunimbe Mamora (he vacated his senate seat for Remi Tinubu, Sen Tinubu’s wife)
• Gov Raji Babatunde Fashola
• Abike Dabiri (former member House of Representatives)
• Baba Ahmed (former Ambassador, and former INEC Secretary)
• Gov Rotimi Amaechi
• Gov Rabiu Musa Kwankwanso (he is contesting a senatorial seat, but could likely accept a cabinet post)
• Prince Tonye Princewill (LP governorship candidate in Rivers State)
• Ben Akubueze (former MD NAL Merchant Bank, and Hon Commissioner for Economic Planning and Budget in Lagos State)
• Dr Adesina Akinwumi (Minister of Agriculture in Jonathan’s cabinet)
• Dr Chris Ngige (senator, and former governor of Anambra State)
• Oby Ezekwesili