Unfortunately, Nigerian politics is filled with men who are not known for their good looks. But a few of them stand out, and Naij.com has compiled a list that will surely interest you.
1. Donald Duke: The former governor of Cross River state is a head turner any day, any time. Fifty-four-year old Duke, who is credited with initiating the now popular Calabar Carnival, has this distinct boyish look that makes him a cynosure of all eyes when he steps into political and non-political gatherings.
2. Femi Fani-Kayode: Fifty-five-year old Fani-Kayode is a not only a politician, he is also an essayist, a poet, a lawyer and ultimately a “fine boy”. Known more in Nigeria’s political firmament as a controversial figure, the Osun-born former minister of aviation would no doubt be a darling of many ladies anytime he is on air granting interviews or hosting press conferences on behalf of the Peoples Democratic Party. To add to his good looks, he also has a good accent and his mastery of the English language is second to none. Perfect ladies man!
3. Umar Nasko: The chief of staff to the governor of Niger state is one politician who could be mistaken for a model. Nasko, 40, lost the gubernatorial election in the state recently, but it doesn’t take away from the fact that he is a handsome young man. No doubt a politician for the future, Nasko attracted massive votes from the youths in the North-Central state not only because of his youth-centred manifesto, but also for his looks.
4. Senator Musiliu Obanikoro: Popularly known as ‘Koro’, Obanikoro has an imposing figure that will make Nigeria’s top models, Uti Nwachukwu and Bryan Okwara, go green with envy. A very vocal politician, Koro has a body most of his peers will be jealous of. Tall, dark and strong, Obanikoro could as well be a successful model if he has chosen that part.
5. Isa Yuguda: The outgoing governor of Bauchi state is one politician that does not look his age at all. An accomplished banker, Yuguda’s foray into politics did not stop him from getting the attention of beautiful ladies, as one of the late president Umaru Musa Yar’adua’s daughter warmed her way into the heart of the handsome governor. Always smiling, one would be forced to think how this good looking man survives the murky water of politics and still keep his good looks intact.
To their credit, the above-mentioned politicians are also very active in political service and cannot be judged only by their looks.